Monday, October 5, 2015

conference weekend!

I loved this last week:) conference is just the best!! I had so many questions and some how almost all of them were answered!! the only one that I can say that wasn't answered was that sisters could now serve for 2 years.... dang it!! anyways

I felt like I learned so much at conference this year. we watched it a the church with all the other missionaries, and then some members were nice enough to feed us lunch in-between sessions. I think satudays session was my favorite though. I loved how they talked about not looking at to many things to work on at once our else you will start having feelings of despair! I then loved how they talked about how the spirit will always come in and correct and for us to listen to he spirit and take those corrections. I felt so much love for my fellow brothers and sisters that I serve with and who I am lucky to serve. gods work is so amazing and I have loved every min. of it so far.

this last week I got to go on exchanges with the Baytown sisters and they had some wonderful pumpkin brownies and so for conference sister pace and I decide to make some and we make homemade cream cheese frosting!! it was awesome and I am totally learning how to cook finally!! yaaay!!! you have no idea how wonderful it was:) we also got to start teaching these people that we met last week during hour of power, their names are Allison spoons and her son Jordan fello. they are amazing and they even talked about how Allison has a brother that lives in Utah who is a member!! anyways they came to sundays session of conference and they just loved it!! we are excited to see where things will go for them and we are going over to see them tomorrow to invite them to be baptized!! pray that they will feel the spirit and gain a testimony of the truthfulness of he restoration please!! I love you all and I love this gospel!!!
I love our prophet Thomas s Monson, and I love the new apostles that have been called and chosen, and of course all of the other apostle are amazing as well. I want you to know that the spirit is really, it leads and guides us to show us where we must go, what we need to do, and to teach us simple truths, may you always listen to the quiet whisperings of the spirit. the gospel is true the book of Mormon is blue. love you all!

love, sister turpin

No comments:

Post a Comment