Monday, January 11, 2016

Sister Redford's letter

Hello Y'all

The more time I spend on my mission the more and more i want to stay a missionary FOREVER.  Esspecially because my trainer is going home next week and that means I will be leading out the area which makes me quite nervous but i am read for the change.  It has been crazy to see the progress in the La Porte area since i have been out here.  The area of La Porte is the best and seriously has some of the best people i have ever met.  I am glad to be staying here for another transfer for sure.  This week has gone by so fast that i can hardly remember what has happened.  On Tuesday I was on exchanges in spanish land and i now on never question why spanish missionaries gain so much more weight then english missionaries.  While i was on exchanges from 10am-4pm we had breakfast was fed quesadillas at a lesson,  then we went to another lesson and we had the opportunity to make homemade gordidas and before be could finish the first one she had a second on our plate and tried giving us a third one!  Lets just say by the end of the night I was soo beyond stuffed.  It is different going on spanish exchanges because their lessons are usually all in spanish and i cant really voice an oppinion or teach anything and i cant even bear a short testimony.  But i can not deny the spirit that it there.  It is amazing that no matter what language or what part of the world you are in that this gospel is still the same.  It is never changing in an ever changing world.  This is the exact church that Christ himself set up and that is such a belssing to know and have the opportunity to testify of.  Oh yeah and then after we were fed gordidas we then were fed Tostatas from a member that we stopped and saw.  Filled to the brim with mexican food and the spirit!

This week Elsa accepted a date of Jan 16 and we know it is possible that she can be baptized by then.  She has the STRONGEST testimony of the book of mormon she even started reading D&C!  How crazy right.  She listens to it for 45 minutes while she is driving to work.  She knows everything is right and has been to church 4 weeks in a row.  The only problem is she is afraid to tell her mom.  So we invited her to fast and pray about it and we told her we would fast with her and then it turned into her, us, and the missionaries in our district and then the bishop and then the members in the ward and lastly President Drake.  We are going over tonight to see how it went.  We honestly believe that this is the right thing and if she is holding back just because of her mom she is Holding back from her Heavenly Father as well.  She is the best and the spirit is so incredibly strong in all her lessons.  

This is my last week with sister Turpin and it is really sad.  It is crazy to spend 24/7 with someone for 12 weeks and now it is just going to be all over and she is going home so I wont be able to see her ever again on the mission.  I wish you all could meet her and she what a wonderful person she is and to see what a wonderful missionary she is and will continue to be.  Her family is very lucky to be getting her back even though i wish i could steal her for a little while longer. 

The mission has taught me so many things; therefore, I cant imagine where my life would be without it.  I continue to grow in love for my Savior each and every time I am able to talk about the restoration with anyone I see.  I have become more confident in my testimony of Gods plan for each and every one of his children as i continue to grow in learning how to teach those clearly and boldly, i myself know that my testimony grows.  I can stand and testify of the truthfulness of what I share and about missionary work and the love i have for those i meet everyday.  I am able to feel the love god has for then and I am truly grateful for the ability i have to share the things I know to be true and for the Holy Ghost to be my constant companion as I continue my journey through this time.  I pray that all of you might come to the testimony of your Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ and to devout more time this year to him then you ever have.  I promise that as you do this your lifes will seem simpler, more joyfull, and you will feel more peace as you live his gospel and continue to strive to become more like him.  

Have a great week y'all and stay safe :)

Sister Redford

No comments:

Post a Comment